16th International Workshop on Technical and Scientific Aspects of iMST Radar and Lidar (MST16/iMST3)
Kühlungsborn / Rostock, 2024
We are thrilled to announce the MST16/iMST3 workshop, building upon the legacy of successful workshops on "Technical and Scientific Aspects of Mesosphere-Stratosphere-Troposphere (MST) Radars." Since 1984, these gatherings have been at the forefront of cutting-edge atmospheric and ionospheric research and technological development. In the spirit of evolution, MST16/iMST3 takes the exciting leap to incorporate iMST lidar observations and welcomes complementary studies combining radar, lidar, in-situ and other ground- and satellite-based techniques.
Leibniz Institute of Atmospheric Physics (IAP) in Kühlungsborn or University Rostock
...to be finalized...
Workshop September 9th - 13th, 2024
Pre-Workshop School September 6th - 8th, 2024 (Lidar and Radar Technical and Scientific Basics)
Topics to be Covered:
The workshop will delve into a wide range of critical subjects, including but not necessarily limited to:
- Tropospheric and Stratospheric Processes
- Planetary Waves and Tides in the Mesosphere and Lower Thermosphere
- Atmospheric and Ionospheric Gravity Waves, Turbulence and Layering Structures
- Ionospheric Plasma Irregularities
- Atmospheric and Ionospheric Vertical Coupling Studies
- Synergistic Use of Instruments (Radars, Lidars, In-situ,…)
- New Technical and signal/data Processing Advances including Machine learning
- Recent advances and future plans
More details on the scientific program, logistical arrangements, and financial support opportunities will be released soon. Be sure to mark your calendars and spread the word among colleagues and peers!
The International Steering Committee (ISC) and the Local Organizing Committee (LOC) eagerly anticipate reuniting the global iMST community after a long pause due to COVID-19. MST16/iMST3 promises to be a memorable and enriching experience, advancing the boundaries of scientific knowledge of IMST observations and profiling.
Looking forward to your valuable presence at MST16/iMST3!
For inquiries, please contact email@example.com or any of the ISC or LOC members.
International Steering Committee (ISC)
- Ralph Latteck (IAP, Germany) (Chair)
- Erhan Kudeki (University of Illinois, USA) (co-Chair)
- David Hooper (STFC Rutherford Appleton Lab, UK)
- Hubert Luce (Kyoto University, Japan)
- Tian Yufang (Chinese Academy of Sciences, China)
- Michael Gerding (IAP, Germany)
- Iain Reid (ATRAD, Australia)
- Wayne Hocking (Mardoc, Canada)
Local Organizing Committee (LOC)
- Ralph Latteck (Chair)
- Jorge Chau (co-Chair)
- Gerd Baumgarten
- Michael Gerding
- Toralf Renkwitz
- Marius Zecha
- Jose Suclupe
- Heike Thomas