16th International Workshop on Technical and Scientific Aspects of iMST Radar and Lidar (MST16/iMST3)
Kühlungsborn / Rostock, 2024
We are thrilled to announce the MST16/iMST3 workshop, building upon the legacy of successful workshops on "Technical and Scientific Aspects of Mesosphere-Stratosphere-Troposphere (MST) Radars." Since 1984, these gatherings have been at the forefront of cutting-edge atmospheric and ionospheric research and technological development. In the spirit of evolution, MST16/iMST3 takes the exciting leap to incorporate iMST lidar observations and welcomes complementary studies combining radar, lidar, in-situ and other ground- and satellite-based techniques.
September 6th - 8th, 2024 (Friday - Sunday)
|Pre-Workshop School||(Lidar and Radar Technical and Scientific Basics)|
September 9th - 13th, 2024 (Monday - Friday)
The workshop will delve into a wide range of critical subjects, including but not necessarily limited to:
- Tropospheric and Stratospheric Processes
- Planetary Waves and Tides in the Mesosphere and Lower Thermosphere
- Atmospheric and Ionospheric Gravity Waves, Turbulence and Layering Structures
- Ionospheric Plasma Irregularities
- Atmospheric and Ionospheric Vertical Coupling Studies
- Synergistic Use of Instruments (Radars, Lidars, In-situ,…)
- New Technical and signal/data Processing Advances including Machine learning
- Recent advances and future plans
More details on the scientific program, logistical arrangements, and financial support opportunities, ans venue will be released soon. Be sure to mark your calendars and spread the word among colleagues and peers!
The International Steering Committee (ISC) and the Local Organizing Committee (LOC) eagerly anticipate reuniting the global iMST community after a long pause due to COVID-19. MST16/iMST3 promises to be a memorable and enriching experience, advancing the boundaries of scientific knowledge of IMST observations and profiling.
Looking forward to your valuable presence at MST16/iMST3!